SQLite – compare null values


this is a quick post describing issue I have found when using SQLite in flash. I’ve tried to fetch some rows using following snippet, but couldn’t get correct results. Then after digging on the net I have found that there is a different syntax to compare null values. The problem was in comparing values that sometimes can be null.

The idea was to get how many empty values I have in the database, the result was always 0. I have start with plain text query (no parameters), but it didn’t worked as I’ve found on the SQLite page you can’t just use equal to compare NULL values, you have special syntax IS NULL or IS NOT NULL.

Continue reading

SQLite – open and openAsync methods NOT create folders for created database file

If you run into problems with connecting to the database and you are using open or openAsync with CREATE mode then check if folder location exists for your database file,

following code will generate SQLError

SQLError: ’Error #3125: Unable to open the database file.’, 
details:’Connection closed.’, operation:’open’, detailID:’1001’

Continue reading

AIR for Android with FlashDevelop


I have been playing with AIR for Android lately but I could do it only from Flash CS5, recently I have found that my embedded fonts wasn’t displayed in the android application, after further investigation it was Flash CS5 problem and latest Flex SDK:

<name>Flex 4.1</name>

I have reverted to the earlier version of SDK:

<name>Flex 4.0</name>

and it worked but not when Flash CS5 was used. So because I couldn’t use Flash CS5 and have fonts embedded I have searched for solution to use FD to build air for android applications.

I have found this and that and using that knowledge I have compiled AIR for Android project for FlashDevelop that works perfectly for me, it builds APK file and uploads it to the connected device (not emulator – which is slow anyway) and runs it. I have used Project image (PNG) from fazermokeurs version project.

UPDATE: well I know why fonts were not embedded, it was due to the new way of embedding fonts (As CFF “Compact Font Format”) used by default for the Flash Text Engine, you may find info here and here.

The AIR for Android